Green Tea-Strawberry Smoothie
With the Giants Head Grind just 24-hours away, I wanted to share a great breakfast shake that would be refreshing and filling before the big race. I decided to use none-other than the Giants Head Green tea blend, which is a green tea, mint and peach infused blend, perfect for a morning pick-me-up.
Makes 1 x 12oz serving
- 1 tsp (2.5g) Giants Head Green loose leaf tea
- 4oz hot water
- 5-6 strawberries, cored
- 1/4 c Keffir (substitute with almond milk or yoghurt)
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey (or 2 tsp maple syrup)
- 4oz crushed ice
- Add 1 tsp Giants Head Grind loose leaf tea to 4oz of hot water. Let steep for 4-5 minutes. You will be making a concentrate. Let chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. If you are in a hurry and need to make the tea as you blend the smoothie, decrease the hot water to 2oz. After the tea has steeped for 4-5 minutes. Add 2oz of ice. The tea will chill instantly, then continue with the recipe.
- In a high-powered blender, add the chilled tea, strawberries, keffir, lemon or lime juice, honey and crushed ice.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until the ice is smooth and the strawberries are well incorporated.
Alcohol Variations: For an afternoon treat, substitute the lemon juice for 1 oz Lemon flavoured vodka.
Don’t have fresh strawberries? No problem. If you are using frozen strawberries, you will not need to add the ice. Steep the tea in 8oz of hot water instead of 4oz.